Would you like to join our excellent, high-performing team?
We are growing and actively looking for good people to share the journey with!
Our business is focussed on Commissioning Management and Technical Project Management in the UK and EMEA regions and we are growing thanks to our reputation for service excellence.
Our immediate priority is to add additional Client-side MEP Project Managers to our team (UK only), the role will support various projects throughout the UK and will include day-to-day client-facing project management.
The day-to-day duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing strategic and tactical building services project management support to our clients
- Managing and controlling all financial aspects with the client’s commercial team
- Reviewing contractor’s proposals against employer’s requirements
- Undertaking value engineering and design workshops with stakeholders and contractors throughout the project lifecycle
- Managing consultant teams on behalf of our clients
- Overseeing the production of tender schedules and contributing to the procurement of trade contractors
- Organising, chairing and minuting regular project progress meetings, ensuring actions are issued, managed and closed out
- Owning the project risk register
- Ensuring safe project working practices are adhered to for all site personnel
- Establishing and monitoring appropriate project operating procedures and systems, specifically ensuring the management plan is being followed and adhered to
- Ensuring closeout and practical completion schedules are completed and issued
- Ensuring that the commissioning process is defined, understood and agreed from the outset
- Co-ordinating, planning and scheduling client training with the project team and ensure all documentation is formed and approved in ample time
- Compiling ‘close-out’ documentation
- Commenting on O&M manuals produced by the contractor
- Ensuring that the project deliverables are achieved in accordance with the client’s requirements
- Travelling to project sites across the UK
- Qualified to HNC/HND through completion, a technical apprenticeship or degree level in Building Services related discipline (mechanical or electrical)
- Specific technical knowledge/skills
- Working knowledge of CDM regulations
- CSCS card (Experienced Technical, Supervisors or Manager [Red] / Skilled Worker [Blue] / Advanced or Supervisory craft [Gold] / Manager [Black] / AQP or PQP [White])
- Understanding of design interface and site issues
- Knowledge of codes of practice, British Standards, IET 17th/18th Edition, CDM and Building Regulations;
- Awareness/knowledge of environmental issues i.e. BREEAM
- Highly organised with strong administrative skills
- Customer focused with excellent communications skills
- Dynamic, transparent approach and flexible with a can-do approach
- Computer literate
- Microsoft Office 365 literate
- SSSTS / SMSTS / First Aid training will be an advantage
The successful candidate should establish strong professional relationships with stakeholders from the outset and throughout their appointment. A clear and consistent project execution plan for all projects they are engaged with is imperative, capturing and sharing knowledge across project delivery teams and stakeholders.
The management part is the key, our clients trust us to ensure that the task is done to the highest standard and we are looking for people who have a can-do attitude and share our enthusiasm for exceeding customer expectations.
If that sounds like you then let’s talk.